My name is Elton Ersch, and I write EigoNoto.com to help foreign and Japanese teachers with lesson plans, activities and ideas for the Eigo Noto/International Studies curriculum and foreign language classroom.
I have been teaching English as an ALT (Assistant Language Teacher) in kindergarten, elementary school and junior high school in Shizuoka Prefecture, Japan for 12 years. Teaching is the fun part of the job, but lesson planning, activities choice & creation are what make great! lessons work.
EigoNoto.com was started to help Japanese elementary school teachers and other ALTs teach the new International Studies (Gaikoku Katsudou) in the 5th and 6th grades of elementary school. I have also included a lot of general materials and information that would be helpful teaching a foreign language (and having great! lessons) to any level of students. Check out the ConFluency activity, chosen by my Japanese peers to present and local and national teachers' conferences (and imho the best thing I've created for teaching Conversational Fluency).
I hope some of what I have learned and developed on my own -and present to you on EigoNoto.com- will help you have great! lessons.
When I'm not teaching, cycling (mountain biking in winter, on the road in the warm months), kayaking and canoeing, camping and traveling are my hobbies.
My wife Kumiko and I have a son, Louis. You can see his homepage here.
Start the New School Year HERE!
Check out these posts for LOTS of classroom ideas to get your EigoNoto classes off to a great start (and finish)!
The Eigo Noto Class
- The Goal of Eigo Noto Lessons- Simply
- What Do We Teach?
- Pro Says Eigo Noto Can Be Used Flexibly
- Focus On What Students Already Know
- Where Do We Go From Here? Notes on Culture
Teaching Conversation and Communication
- Should We Call It COMMUNICATION CLASS?
- The Students Don't Have to Speak English, But...
- Teaching Conversation Skills in Your Classes (Why)
- Teaching Conversation Skills (How)
- Communicating With Sentence Patterns
- Team Teaching Made Easy
- How to Team Teach Video
- Things Your ALT Should Know
- Things HRTs & ALTs Can Do (English list) (日本語のビデオ, part 1)
In the Classroom
EigoNoto Videos on YouTube!