Keeping Students Busy for a Minute or 2  

0 comments

With all of these chants and short dialogs to write on the blackboard, I find there are times when I’d like to keep the students busy while I write. This is an easy-to-do activity I use to have seat pairs practice vocabulary while I'm writing.

Pairs play Janken first, and then the Winner (using pictures on a page in the Eigo Noto that I have chosen) can:

  • Say the word in English, and the Janken Loser says the word in Japanese (or visa-versa);
  • Say a short phrase, ‘Hot dog, please.’ or ‘Blue shoes.’ for example, and the Janken Loser points to the picture in the Eigo Noto;
  • Say a word, and the Janken Loser says the word group (dog - animal; red -  color; soccer - sport).

Using this kind of activity, it’s easy to keep the kids practicing English for a few minutes while doing other things.

Keeping Students Busy for a Minute or 2SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories